TIERNEY IP (TIP) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data TIP collects from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how TIP will treat it.
TIP may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or letter). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, age, financial information, personal description and photograph and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information TIP receives from other sources (Third Party Information). TIP may work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- If you contact us, TIP may keep a record of that correspondence.
How we use your information
TIP uses information held about you in the following ways:
- to communicate with you in relation to our practice and its services;
- to provide you with client updates, or other legal updates (subject to any preferences you have expressed regarding such communications); and
- where engagement terms have been agreed, to provide you with legal services.
We will only disclose your Personal Data to third parties where you have explicitly consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil a request you have made or contract that you have entered into.
Where appropriate, Personal Data may also be processed by our service providers in which case we will take steps to ensure that the processing complies with applicable data protection and confidentiality laws.
We may be required to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any applicable law, statutory or other legal requirements.
Where TIP stores your personal data
The data that TIP collects from you is stored on secure services located within Ireland.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although TIP will do our best to protect your personal data, TIP cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. You agree that any transmission is at your own risk. Once TIP has received your information, TIP will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to access information we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee not exceeding €6.50 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information TIP hold about you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. TIP will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if TIP intends to use your data for such purposes or if TIP intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The TIP website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that TIP does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Governing Law & Jurisdiction